Saturday, February 23, 2013

Mini-Mod project

A different kind of "case mod".
Got into SD cards recently, after upgrading from an iPad to an ASUS Transformer. Having an SD slot is kind of awesome so I decided to get a case to carry my little mobile library. Only problem is that the case was made for standard sized SD cards while I'm looking to make a MicroSD collection. So it would make sense that it is just as easy to put a smaller chip into a slod made for a bigger chip, right?
Yes, that would be right. However, it is a pain to get them back out without shaking the hell out of it. So I got the idea to make a pocket for a pair of tweezers.
The project worked, and while it may a little silly it served as needle/thread practice, if anything. I will probably keep with this until I can find another case with a similar capacity but made for microSD cards.



EDIT:

Yeah, something like this:


One for a mobile media library, the other for backups, miscellaneous file storage, and the microSD-->SD adapters.




No comments:

Post a Comment